Some of the books I have added to my reading shelf this year have a lot to do with finding happiness and appreciating things around me. I was never big into self help books, but I am on my second book this year and I am enjoying learning new ways to explore my own feelings and needs.
Here is just a taste of some of the books I am planning to explore this year:
- The Happy Stepmother: Stay Sane, Empower Yourself, Thrive in Your New Family by Rachelle Katz
- The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year of Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform your Life by Janice Kaplan
- The Wishing Year: An Experiment in Desire by Noelle Oxenhandler
- Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand in the Sun and be Your Own Person by Shonda Rimes
- Voluntary Madness: My Year Lost and Found in the Loony Bin by Norah Vincent
- Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro
- The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion by Elle Luna
What are some of the books you are planning to read this year? Have you read any of these? Any suggestions?
I hope you all have a nice and relaxing weekend!